|You are here: Home » Classroom Technologies » Lecture Recording » How To View Recorded LSE Lectures|
How to view recorded LSE lectures (Echo 360)
LSE is using the Echo 360 lecture capture system to record many lectures. This system will enable you to hear and see the lecture, including PowerPoint presentations or other visuals displayed on the projector during the lecture. Some recordings also include video of the lecturer.
- The recording system is not installed in all lecture theatres and classrooms. Also, it is up to individual lecturers to opt in to have their lectures recorded, so there isn't complete coverage of all LSE lectures.
- Lectures that are recorded will mostly be made available through an EchoCenter course portal. Look for a link to lecture recordings near the top of your course homepage.
- If you know that your lectures are being recorded but cannot find any links to the recordings please contact your lecturer or course department.
You can view these recordings using most browsers on a Windows PC, Apple Macintosh or Linux PC. It will need to have Flash player installed. If you do not have a copy of Flash player on your PC you can download it free of charge from the Adobe website. If you do not have privileges to install software on the PC you will need to ask an administrator to do it for you.
Viewing Echo 360 recorded lectures
When you follow one of the lecture recording links, usually from EchoCenter in Moodle, you will come to an opening screen. Please select "Broadband" for the best results; you can see it in this picture below.
This will load the presentation and start playing. You will be able to hear, and sometimes see the lecturer with the visuals in the large windows.
- You can start and stop the presentation using the controls at the bottom left.
- You can also use the slider bar to jump to any point in the presentation.
- If you click 'Scenes' at the top right and then click one of the thumbnail 'scenes' you will jump to that slide. This is particularly useful when you want to skip to specific parts of the presentation.
- You can also open and close any of the windows using the '1' , '2' and 'APPS' buttons at the bottom of the screen.
- Click the help button to see keyboard shortcuts.
Can I download Echo 360 recorded lectures?
Some lecturers allow downloading of lecture recordings. If this is the case then they will be available as podcast or vodcast downloads through the EchoCenter in your Moodle course. If downloading is not enabled in the EchoCenter then this means that the lecturer has not given permission for downloads to be made available for the course.
If you have any problems viewing recorded lectures please email firstname.lastname@example.org.