The Centre for Learning Technology (CLT) are on hand to advise and assist in media related projects around the School. We aim to:
- Assist and advise members of staff wishing to use multimedia for teaching, learning and the assessment of learning.
- Source and promote copyright free images and video for use in teaching.
- Provide copyright advice on the use of images and video in teaching, both in the classroom and online.
Images, audio and video can be used to:
- improve retention, by delivering information both verbally and non-verbally
- aid understanding through the use of figures and diagrams,
- make your teaching materials aesthetically pleasing and provide variety,
- provide visual or audible context to reinforce ideas
What is available
- CLT offer a limited digitising service to academic staff who wish to digitise selected broadcasts for use in Moodle.
- A list of Multimedia Resources is available for use in an educational setting. Find video, audio and images for use in your teaching.
- Search the Media Database to find video and audio already digitised for other teachers
- Information on Copyright, Images and Multimedia
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Training is available on a one-to one basis and in small groups.
See the Learning Technology programme to access courses.
Finding digital media resources for teaching & learning in Moodle (Log in required).
Enhance online content visually with creative commons (cc) licenced images...
"the wings become windows" photograph by e3000 on flickr